Friday, May 8, 2009

The first step...or blog I guess. :o)

Well...technically it's official. I have a blog. Thoughts of randomness....here we come.
Actually I've been thinking a lot lately about the blessings of this broken leg. More time to catch up with people and more time to think and appreciate all that I take for granted. I've never realized how much it can mean to someone to just have someone stop by and say hello. Or a phone call--or NetFlix from my wonderful Ginna. Celeste, David and sweet baby Dane came by soon afterI got ouf of the hospital. Celeste untangled by bed hair which took a loooong time--definately a labor of love there. :o) Everyone has been great---and it's been nice to just be able to slow down and being able to appreciate life's little things and the peoople who do them.. Libby has been the best cure for cabin fever--can you attribute a dog to keeping you sane? Never a dull moment with that dog...lots of fun ones.
Another bright spot has been the time to read --once I was down to less pain pills and could stay awake long enough to read. I'm hoping to start on that list that Keith gave us in Stress Management and of course a few more Anne Perry's, or Agatha Cristie's. Dar recommended a few new authors/books that should prove interesting as well.
I'm so glad that classes have started and thanks to Opa enrolling in Summer classes was possible. Feel lucky to have gotten classes I need online or second block. It will be nice to be learning again and feeling like life is moving forward. Here's to that--relishing what we have to work with and enjoying the moment but looking forward to accomplish long set goals.


No comments:

Post a Comment