Tuesday, July 7, 2009

We finally got our digital converter boxes. Slackers I know but, I've become a "quasi coupon queen"...since we are still finishing the basement and expenses for that seem never ending I'm doing all I can to cut corners and make do while seeing who will hire for part time employment and work with numerous doctors appts...:o) It's become entertaining to see exactly how cheap I can be..plus it does kill time. We may be the only people under 60 who use the Rite-Aid and other pharmacies "transfer a prescription here and get a gift card free" --However, one of the perks of the many prescriptions we use is --we can make out like bandits. If we add in the coupons for the converter boxes--then we had gift cards of $170.00 for this week. I think it's the one perk of chronic illness.
Another random thought here---Rosco and I actually watched Oprah at 2 in the morning. She was refering to her best self and weight gain issues-- boy do I understand those! :o) --and being Oprah she can make it marketable. I wasn't exactly feeling my best self due to a slight mishap with my pump. I always managed to kind of kink the little catheter when I put it in my stomach. Good note---haven't been that high in a while so that's good for the kidneys--bad note---589 does not feel good at all. The postive side was in waiting up until it went down to at least 300---and hanging out with Rosco and just being dumb together. I get told by people that they love our "silly" engagement photo with the caption- "Love is being stupid--together". That's really true for us..and Libby ends up just adding to the fun. All in all I'm hoping to do some more soul searching and thinking on how to become more of my best self, however I think God and perhaps my therapist will be my go to's instead of rerun's of Oprah.
Last random thought---I think we may be the only people that are told by the vet that when she is brought back for the check up we need to stay and not drop her off. To her credit--she did have a huge piece of foxtail grass in her eye and as Mom said is spoiled rotten at home-not used to being kennelled. :o) I was dying though seeing her in such pain and not being able to relieve it. I'm don't know how parents handle kids getting hurt---Mark was telling us about his son Jack--and the temper tantrum and head cracking incident. He handled it so well--I don't know how Mom and Dad dealt with us kids---especially with the diabetes! Perhaps I'm best suited to be an Auntie--less stress, more spoiling. Plus, it's gonna be happening here in about a month. Crazy fun times.
So here's hoping that I can figure out how to be my best self--but also here's to appreciating the journey, with the falls and the fun. The fun being lunches with Raney that end all to soon, laughing with Rosco and Libs, getting M2's birthday present sent on time, actually getting tution figured out for this semester and appreciating the growth that comes from the falls.

2 comments:

  1. LOVES! I'm so glad your puppy is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurel,
    Your blog is inspiring, truly. I don't know how you live with such high blood sugars... if mine gets above 190 I feel like crap... but mine is usually down in the 60's, so even 140 feels high to me! I can't imagine being in the 500's. Sorry I didn't get in touch with you while I was in Utah... but we definitely have to do lunch sometime soon.

    Okay, random memory I had the other day while eating Chinese food. Remember that time Chuck flipped out and sat in the snow and we like panicked and it was scary and your dad called Brother Orme and stuff??? Then your dad took you and I to 7-11 for egg rolls..... and he bought them at like 11:58 and was SO happy he didn't buy them on a Sunday?? Yeah, I was thinking about that. You have an amazing family!
    Loves!

    ReplyDelete